Thursday, May 04, 2006

moy higante torta man-wich

I had this gigantic torta sandwich today. A torta is a Mexican rendition of a hoagie. A hoagie, of course, is a giant sandwich. But this one is HUGE! It's burrito huge, it's like it-can-feed-three-people huge. I had the Milanesa, which is the breaded steak. I ordered it without tomatoes because I don't like tomatoes and without jalepenos. The last time I had a sandwich with jalopenos I sweated like I ran a marathon. I phoned in my order at Gallardo's next door, went to pick it up and I got there just in time to watch the cook put my torta together. I was thinking, maybe they need more bread for this thing. I mean, they stacked this torta with heaps of Milanesa. Then I thought, maybe after they use more bread for this torta they need to find more people to eat it.

It was good though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home