Monday, April 17, 2006

Enchanted Garden

Iggy killed the backyard. Then, the non-stop rain fed the unwanted weeds and now has taken over the backyard. The once lush grass lawn is now a mudpit. I'm going to try to fix it though. I plan to find my hybernated green thumb and do a makeover with a budget of... hmmmm... I say 300 of rent deductable dollars. I'll give myself 2-3 months.

This is the "before" picture. Actually, this is the now picture.













Note the white-trash-ish ladder and the folding chair doubling as Iggy fence. The once beautiful lemon tree that fell victim to the non-stop rain, the once blossoming bougainvillea that now looks like an ungroomed and balding old man and the runaway bamboo shoots that looks like unkept eyebrows. And the perpetrator... Iggster. There are many treasures in there - the rose bushes, birds of paradise, rosemary, mexican sage, fragrant jasmine and plenty of other forgotten but not dead adorable plants.

This is what I envision the backyard to be when I'm done, taken from Sunset Magazine.



Wish me luck! Here's crossing my green thumbs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home